Pathways of Divine Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Spiritual Community that Respects all Beliefs

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chalice Well Gardens Glastonbury

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Serenity
Founder
Serenity

Chalice Well Gardens Glastonbury Empty
PostSubject: Chalice Well Gardens Glastonbury   Chalice Well Gardens Glastonbury EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:24 pm

I thought I would share some pictures of the Chalice Well Gardens at Glastonbury for those who have not been there, this magical place will remain in my memory forever, it was a tranquil, yet vibrant place, so peaceful with people sitting in various places meditating, there are many little hidden places to sit and look down on the gardens, or just sit amongst the most magical trees and absorb their energy, the yew trees are huge with many fairy holes in them.

Chalice Well Gardens Glastonbury ImagesqtbnANd9GcRWgoHvSw-VGs4fEvBfV
This is the Lion Head Fountain where you can fill up your bottles of water or just have a drink, the taste is full of minerals and has an iron taste too

Chalice Well Gardens Glastonbury IMG_8211
The well head at Chalice Well. Some believe that the line down the middle represents "Excalibur" King Arthur's famous sword

Chalice Well Gardens Glastonbury ImagesqtbnANd9GcQMMfHLx-e8AAF35pe5s
One of the many seats in the gardens, the gardens are cared for by volunteers, Chalice Well is where it is believed that Joseph of Arimathea brought the chalice that caught the blood of Christ and buried at the bottom of the Tor. Meaning that Glastonbury is home to the Holy Grail. It is believed that where the chalice was buried a well sprang forth.
Chalice Well Gardens Glastonbury ImagesqtbnANd9GcQsgvnefEpStMHnanFtD
Lovely view of the garden, there is a wee channel of water that leaves the well here and trickles through the garden to a submerging pool where you can actually stand in the healing waters, i think you can just see it at the front of the pool

Chalice Well Gardens Glastonbury IMG_8164

Glastonbury Abbey is where King Arthur and Queen Guinevere are buried.

It really is a Magical Place and for those shoppers amongst us, the high street is full of Esoteric shops, the only difficulty is the choice lol I hope to return there next year, but need to lobby their councilors for mobility scooter provision, We did it in one day and to be honest it needed two days to take in the Abbey as well.
Back to top Go down
Aurora
Site Elder
Aurora

Chalice Well Gardens Glastonbury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chalice Well Gardens Glastonbury   Chalice Well Gardens Glastonbury EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 12:50 am

Thank you for sharing these lovely photo's and the great information, love Aurora xx
Back to top Go down

Chalice Well Gardens Glastonbury
Page 1 of 1