Pathways of Divine Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Spiritual Community that Respects all Beliefs

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dream Walking in Shamanic Practice

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rowan
Rowan

Dream Walking in Shamanic Practice Empty
PostSubject: Dream Walking in Shamanic Practice   Dream Walking in Shamanic Practice EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 4:10 am

I have a quote I would like to share with all of you.
‘The Shaman, who can control their Dreams, can control their Destiny’

Dream walking:
Dream walking is dreaming while knowing you are dreaming. Dream walking usually begins in the midst of a dream, when the dreamer realizes that the experience is not occurring in physical reality, but is a dream. Often this realization is triggered by the dreamers noticing some occurrence in the dream, such as meeting a person who has passed over, or flying without wings.
Basically, dream walking is simply being consciously aware that you are dreaming, and being in control of the dream environment. When dream walking is at a high level, you need to be aware of what you are doing. Dream walking and control is not the same thing. It is possible to be dream walking and have little control over the dream itself. The Shaman will or should be able to control his or her dreams. At this point, it is also possible to astral project yourself. To successfully be able to dream walk, the Shaman must be able to contact his spirit guide and be able to use his or her third eye as well. There will be difficulties at first in learning to control your dream as you recognize the different levels and powers that the Walker has at their disposal. It has been found that one of the more successful ways to control your dream is to say an affirmation three times before falling asleep. For example, saying the following:

I will dream
I will control my dreams
I will dreamwalk

This reinforces our psychic abilities to assist us in concentrating on remembering our dreams. Do not be disappointed if this does not work the first time you use it. A lot of us have forgotten how to walk or even dream, so be patient and give it time. Using a cream journal or tape recorder may assist us into getting in the habit of remembering our dreams.

Astral Projection:
Shamanistic systems of astral projection are so ancient that they even may date back to the Stone Age. In a wide range of cultures, Shamans are believed to have access to the kingdom of the spirit, and therefore influence the world of man. For eons it has been the Shamanic approach to astral travel with the assistance of his or her spirit guide (totem) and their third eye, to speak with the gods and goddesses. For the Shaman the astral plane is the closet dimension to the physical. It overlays the world like a huge mind net, catching and holding all thought.

Astral projection is defined as: The process of separating the astral body from the physical one to accomplish travel in the astral plane. This is best achieved with meditation. The meditative state rather than the dream state allows the Shaman more control.
To perform astral projection appropriately you will need to wear loose fitting natural clothing, be in a comfortable environment, turn off your phone, and make your environment quiet and conducive to meditation so you are not disturbed. You will need to reach the proper meditative state and to be able to reach your spirit guide and to open your third eye.

Dream catchers:
The way the dream catcher’s work: The dream catcher is a web, resembling a spider’s web. It has a hole in the centre. There are usually some beads, stones; feathers are woven into the web. While you sleep, when a bad dream comes to haunt you, it gets confused by the web and gets caught in it. The stones or crystals on the web hold that bad dream there until morning, when the sun shines on it and burns them away. The good dreams, being more pure and intuitive, easily navigate through the hole in the centre, and enter into your dream time. I always advise you to hang this over your bed. A good thing to also do is to make them at night time, if you feel you want to attempt to make one yourself. Always use natural material, such as vines, crystals, hemp or jute or cotton. There is a full moon coming up, which would be a perfect time to attempt to make one.
Back to top Go down

Dream Walking in Shamanic Practice Empty
PostSubject: Thanks Rowan   Dream Walking in Shamanic Practice EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 5:56 am

Wow great information for us to read thank you Rowan, especially about the Dreamcatcher, I will hang mine over my bed like you say I have been making them as you know but will certainly try and weave beads into the web now Wink xxx
Back to top Go down

Dream Walking in Shamanic Practice
Page 1 of 1