Pathways of Divine Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Spiritual Community that Respects all Beliefs

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Winter Solstice and a Merry Yule

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Serenity
Founder
Serenity

Winter Solstice and a Merry Yule Empty
PostSubject: Winter Solstice and a Merry Yule   Winter Solstice and a Merry Yule EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 9:43 am

Well its here folks, 21st of December 2012 and the end of the Mayan Calendar and I havnt heard any rumblings, its awful that some people glorify in instilling fear into others, if only everyone would take a positive outlook to this special time,"This is not the end of the world, this is the beginning of the new world, It is most important that we hold a positive, beautiful reality for ourselves and our planet ... Fear is out of place.

The Winter Solstice is a magical season . . . one that marks the journey from this year to the next, journeys of the spirit from one world to the next, and the magic of birth, death, and rebirth. The longest night of the year (December 21 in the Northern hemisphere), is reborn as the start of the solar year and accompanied by festivals of light to mark the rebirth of the Sun.

That the timing of the Christian celebration of the birth of Christ occurs in the Yule season is no coincidence. Christmas was once a movable feast, celebrated many different times during the year. The decision to establish December 25 as the "official" date of Christ's birth was made by Pope Julius I in the fourth century AD, hoping to replace the pagan celebration with the Christian one, since this date coincided with the pagan celebrations of Winter Solstice with the Return of the Sun Gods occurring throughout the world.

So, my friends no doom and gloom but a

Merry Yule to you all

Winter Solstice and a Merry Yule Winter_solstice_zpsd197969f
Back to top Go down

Winter Solstice and a Merry Yule
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pathways of Divine Light :: INDIGENOUS PEOPLE-
Jump to: