Pathways of Divine Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Spiritual Community that Respects all Beliefs

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A WITCHES FAMILIAR

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Serenity
Founder
Serenity

A WITCHES FAMILIAR Empty
PostSubject: A WITCHES FAMILIAR   A WITCHES FAMILIAR EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 5:03 am

A Familiar is a witch’s animal companion, who chooses to accompany the Witch in magickal work. It is traditionally mythical for, black cats and dogs, ravens and owls are the standard Familiars, there is however, no limit to the kind of familiar that may accompany you. They can be any species, although naturally domesticated animals are the most useful magickal pals. Intelligence and a huge amount of love for you are the factors that can lead an animal to work in the magickal realms with you.

It is an important fact to know that you can’t make Familiars is being yours. Being a Witch's Familiar is a choice the Familiar makes for herself.
We have to make ourselves worthy of owning a Familiar. Treat animals with the respect due, an intelligent spark of Divinity. Learn to listen to them. Learn to request their help, as from an equal or better- as from a spiritual teacher. In time, they will be happy to work for you.
Familiars are sensitive to psychic vibrations and power and are welcomed partners inside the magic circle and other magical work.

They are are like a psychic radar, reacting visibly to the presence of any negative energy, whether it be an unseen force or a person who dabbles in the wrong kind of magic. Familiars are also given psychic protection by their Witches.

We all love our pets, are you ever given thought of one being extra special, that they have something over and above the usual unconditional love they give to us, maybe then they are your familiar, I would like to share something with you to validate my point.

Some years ago I was offered a cocker spaniel puppy, he was the last in the litter all of his brothers and sisters had died of puppy fade the animal equivalent to cot death, after a few weeks he was acting strangely and it was determined he was blind, I was advised to have him put down because the Vet said he would have no quality of life, I couldn’t give up on him he was a brave little fella, so I said I would decide after he had had his first vaccinations, I could take him out then and see how he coped.

I tied a small bell to my other cocker, Nelson’s collar and the wee fella followed him everywhere, so much so that I could let him off the lead and he would run and play with Nelson, I called him Oscar, he had a wonderful life until tragically at the age of 4yrs he developed a paralysed left front leg, I took him to a Neurologist in Manchester who diagnosed a tumour on his spinal cord, not long after Oscar became very ill and I had to let him go, Hence calling myself at that time Oscarangel, because he was, he shared everything with me, he was very receptive to sadness and shared all of my daily grumbles when I got home from work lol.

I was devastated it was at this time i joined a spiritual site in one of the darkest periods in my life, however to get to the crux of the story, some years later I lost Nelson he was 13yrs old I was sad but at this time thanks to my spiritual learning’s I was accepting of his old age and the fact he was going to Summerland to run and play with Oscar again. I have never been without a dog, I live alone and my dogs are like my children.

I offered to Foster for a local animal charity, the lady that ran the charity was so pleased and asked if I could foster 2 young dogs, I accepted and waited eagerly for their arrival, as she came through the gate I nearly fainted, she had a blue roan cocker spaniel and a cavalier king Charles spaniel, the cocker was the living breathing image of Oscar, he ran right to me and when I sat down to get over the shock and explain to the lady why I was somewhat speechless, he jumped up and sat beside me leaning on me, that was it I didn’t foster them I took them on permanently, the next smile came on my face when she told me the name of the cavalier king Charles spaniel, her name was Angel, a gentle wee soul, Hamish is my familiar and I feel so blessed to have him, his temperament is just the same as Oscars he is a great listener, as you have been lol just wanted to add my own experience and to let you know about my Familiar Hamish, thank you for taking the time to read this post.

Blessed Be
Back to top Go down

A WITCHES FAMILIAR
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pathways of Divine Light :: WICCA & PAGANISM-
Jump to: