Pathways of Divine Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Spiritual Community that Respects all Beliefs

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

DRAGON LORE

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Serenity
Founder
Serenity

DRAGON LORE Empty
PostSubject: DRAGON LORE   DRAGON LORE EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 5:00 am

Dragons are one of the most mystical creatures ever talked about. All over the world there are pictures, paintings, poems, stories and even movies about dragons, yet there’s no physical proof of their existence, to date.

I have always been fascinated by Dragons even as a child, I never saw them as fierce, even at that early age, I see them as powerful yet sad creatures who have been greatly misunderstood over the ages of time.
I did some research and found that there so many creatures that were called dragons, with so many names from A - Z so I picked out one famous dragon from a vicinity close to my home in the Midlands. UK Cheshire, Shropshire, Herefordshire and Gloucestershire - the counties that lie on the western side of the English Midlands and form the Welsh border are called The Marcher counties and are dragon-haunted lands.

These Counties have some twenty local names and legends recording a belief in the neighbourhood dragon - the hill where it had its lair, the waters from which it drank, and the lands and unfortunately the honours given to the hero who was the Dragons slayer.
Many of these places can still be tracked down and visited. At the northern limit of the Marches, in the swamps of Bache Pool near Moston, a dragon was said to have been slain by Thomas Venables. He was the heir to the Venables of Kinderton, who were a noble family in medieval Cheshire.

According to an old chronicle, of the sixteenth century, Thomas gained land as a result of this deed.
The Dragons' Pool or Dragons Lake is mentioned by the county historian in 1819 and appears on a map of 1839. Dragon's Lane can be followed from the Ordinance Survey map. The story is associated locally with a carving in the church vestry, dated to 1632, which shows the crest of the Venables - a dragon swallowing a child. This was the emblem used by other noble families in the middle ages, such as the great Visconti of Milan, whose crest (still to be seen on the badges of Alfa Romeos) is much the same, a crowned viper swallowing a child.

On further research into the existence of dragons in the present time I came across information that made me smile, and shout a small yippee!! Because, I have been looking for confirmation that they are not entirely mythical creatures. I hope you get the yippee factor too
There are many folk who believe that dragons exist to this day and also believe that we can communicate spiritually with them, it is said that dragons are sentient; (having the power of perception by the senses) it is written that they are referred to as aliens from a parallel universe.

This universe is separated from earth by a null space or void which forms a barrier between all the various dimensions and is called Drakonia.
It is said that time flows at a slower rate in Drakonia, a healthy dragons life spans 2-3000 years in earth time or, roughly 400 Drakonian years. They continue to grow in weight and size through most of their life span. Unlike us humans whose growth is based on the physical resources we consume. Dragons mass is directly related to their spiritual growth and development.

As a race dragons look on us humans with a benevolent eye, almost like brothers or sisters, individual relationships with us are seen as an opportunity for the dragon’s spiritual growth.
It is said that there is a small minority of dragons that have a lesser benevolent outlook towards us, in fact a more antagonistic view of mankind, just as with humans these shadowed aspects of dragons have got more press and notice.

Many of the myths about these dragons are steeped in a fire breathing monster opinion who are destructive and very dark spiritually, \it seems that the stories became ‘news’ because the general belief was that dragons were benevolent as previously mentioned.
Sadly back then no one took the time to write or record their acts of benevolence, this was because it was taken as the norm, hence, only records of the dark dragon’s and their destructive tendencies were recorded.

Dragons do have the ability to connect with humans, to achieve this they need to tune into us telepathically on this side of the void, in doing this we act like a landing beacon to them. To enable us to connect with a dragon it is said that we have to have an inherited ability to call them, apparently there are several genes in an individual’s genetic structure that are associated with the ability to call dragons.

Additionally the dragon caller must have a belief that dragons do exist, to call a dragon is a huge leap of faith and an individual has to decide whether or not they truly believe a dragon’s existence before a connection can be made, and the dragon can be seen.
To be able to reach out and call the dragon, we must have a need or inclination as to why we call them, this occurs when a spiritual appeal of dragons exists. However it is said that if you pester a dragon long enough he or indeed she will respond, it is necessary to have a pure intent however, like attracts like and if a dragon was called for unsavoury rituals then most definitely a lesser savoury dragon may appear, the rule of three applies in all spiritual circumstances in my humble opinion.

It is also stated that the more people that believe in dragons, the easier it is for them to cross the void, the more spiritual power directed to them, the easier it is for them to cross. It is possible for us to form a symbiotic (the living together of two dissimilar organisms) relationship with us, this is achieved by having faith in your belief of their existence, having an intent to do good at all times, this takes much work by individuals, this connection is rarely made at the first asking, as individuals we have to have been on a surefooted path for some time, this post does not even touch the resources available to those who wish to seek this connection.
Walk true in your faith and you will be guided I am sure, as always a mere thought of a dragon and a feeling of warmth associated with that thought can be the start of a wonderful journey Blessed Be
Back to top Go down

DRAGON LORE
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pathways of Divine Light :: WICCA & PAGANISM-
Jump to: