Pathways of Divine Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Spiritual Community that Respects all Beliefs

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Little Sparrow

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Serenity
Founder
Serenity

The Little Sparrow Empty
PostSubject: The Little Sparrow   The Little Sparrow EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 8:47 pm

It seems my guide has me in a writing mode this morning, when I was walking my babies, the air was vibrant with the sounds of birds, the pigeons were cooing to one another, Magpie was warning us from a tree above as she often does and the hedges were full of the sounds of sparrows squabbling.

Sparrow is such an underestimated wee bird, it doesn’t have striking colours or beautiful songs to sing at dusk, she is small but also very powerful, I have a Sparrow and Robin as animal totems and have had them for many years now.
The Sparrow reminds us that we do not have to have the big stuff in our lives, flash cars, big houses and such like, to be important and also we don’t have to have a loud voice to be heard. Sparrow brings us many things, she brings us joy and creativity, she teaches us simplicity and friendliness, she also shows us the importance of being part of a community and how to be productive.

These wee birds are never alone it is important to them to be part of a clan, they move together and feed together, this is important to them and that is why when they gather in hedgerows we hear their cheerful chatter, they are great communicators. Because of their size being part of a clan is also necessary for their survival, when predators approach, the sheer size of the clan can also be intimidating, so the message there is ‘Safety in Numbers’.

Sparrow is always vigilant in her goals, always bustling around searching for food and materials for her nest, she is a homemaker and provider for her fledglings, in that sense she reminds us that idle hands and idle minds should be avoided to enable us to live a full life. Sparrow is a master of camouflage and flight, so maybe her message there is to use our creative instincts to get around in life, think outside the ‘box’ a little and also use our creativity to solve problems.

Over the years I have come to realise that what she brings to me as an animal guide is to encourage me to use my higher consciousness, to keep a light heart and to avoid the danger of carrying around burdens that are not mine, in meaning others negativity and ego.

I was given thought to search for lyrics about the Sparrow and came across the words of a hymn...”His Eyes are on the Sparrow” it certainly enables us to ponder on the Sparrow and her gifts. Blessed Be

Why should I feel discouraged, why should the shadows come,
Why should my heart be lonely, and long for heaven and home,
When Jesus is my portion? My constant friend is He:
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me;
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me.

I sing because I’m happy,
I sing because I’m free,
For His eye is on the sparrow,
And I know He watches me.

“Let not your heart be troubled,” His tender word I hear,
And resting on His goodness, I lose my doubts and fears;
Though by the path He leadeth, but one step I may see;

Whenever I am tempted, whenever clouds arise,
When songs give place to sighing, when hope within me dies,
I draw the closer to Him, from care He sets me free;

The Little Sparrow ImagesqtbnANd9GcQ9FNgkQa7tUxyVjQIgJ
Back to top Go down
Aurora
Site Elder
Aurora

The Little Sparrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Little Sparrow   The Little Sparrow EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 8:55 pm

Bless you Serenity what a lovely inspirational message as always. I have many sparrows to my bird table and a lovely flowering bush on the garden they do come in numbers and yes they are bland but even so very lovely and family/community orientated. I also love the words of the Hymn thanks very much. love Aurora x
Back to top Go down
ResTORAHtion
ResTORAHtion

The Little Sparrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Little Sparrow   The Little Sparrow EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 9:36 pm

Is that a sparrow??? Shocked

Oh forgive me, this is is the first time I saw one...

Wow!!! what a cute little birdies...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Little Sparrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Little Sparrow   The Little Sparrow Empty

Back to top Go down

The Little Sparrow
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pathways of Divine Light :: THE ANIMAL KINGDOM-
Jump to: