Pathways of Divine Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Spiritual Community that Respects all Beliefs

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Our Sacred Place

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Serenity
Founder
Serenity

Our Sacred Place Empty
PostSubject: Our Sacred Place   Our Sacred Place EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 10:44 pm

Our trees often shade us from the hectic throb of life, they absorb sound and muffle the noise of the cars, they shield us from witnessing the ever growing population of road traffic, they offer a canvass and ever changing landscape that would beat any of the old masters art.

Why then to some folk think that tree huggers are an oddity, if we are given a present, we say thank you, so why is it ‘odd’ to hug a tree or hold its gentle leaves and give thanks and a hug, it seems quite a natural thing to do to me personally, the answer lies in the fact that life has become so materialistic hasn’t it,? To receive is a major factor in a lot of lives, whereas giving is restricted to birthdays, anniversaries, Christmas and Easter and what is in between is irrelevant.

To have a love of trees and their spiritual correspondences is a 24/7 365 days a year gift, to be able to witness its awakening in spring, its full bloom in summer and its sleep in winter is such a wonderful gift, given freely and whenever I may add, from our Great Mother.

I wanted to talk about finding a sacred place, where real life pressures can be dismissed and not thought about for a wee while, and I feel it is so important to our balance to find such a place, one realisation occurred to me when I acknowledged my space was that, I had very little silence in my life. In fact many of us have become accustomed to a life without silence. The noise of modern life accompanies us everywhere we go.

Our lives are full of the voices of people telling me what to do, who I am, and what I should do. This is what is so beautiful about the solitude of nature, it silences these booming voices and allows us to hear the quieter voice of our real self and start to communicate with it, finding our sacred spot in nature is different for everyone but I believe we all have one.

I had thought of an exercise to prove this, I bet if I had a room full of folk, and asked them to draw their ideal place to live, all would have relevance to nature within the drawing, be it sea shore, woods, mountains, rivers, farms, an endless list. It is sad that ‘man’ has enclosed many of us in, twisted, bent, manipulated, fenced, concreted, motorwayed, tarmacced existence, all enclosed in a ‘small box’ reality.

Nature becomes their freedom, to let it touch us opens us up to every level, physical, emotional, psychological and spiritual. I truly believe that silence, solitude and stillness are very important values of experiencing and finding what the gift of nature has to offer. Blessed Be

If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other. ~Mother Teresa

If you haven't any charity in your heart, you have the worst kind of heart trouble. ~Bob Hope
Back to top Go down

Our Sacred Place
Page 1 of 1