Pathways of Divine Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Spiritual Community that Respects all Beliefs

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spiritual Labels

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Serenity
Founder
Serenity

Spiritual Labels Empty
PostSubject: Spiritual Labels   Spiritual Labels EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 5:42 am

We had a great discussion in Chat the other evening about “Spiritual Labels” in meaning members of a specific belief, for example, Pagan, Wiccan, Spiritualist and many others.t to do on a daily basis, I find much solace in crafting which I truly believe to be a spiritual exercise anyway and undertaken with much guidance.

My mind went to the conversation we had about labels and I am fast becoming to realise that these ‘Labels’ can sometimes be a hindrance. As you know our path is never a straight path, we meet many obstacles along the way, some of which divert us away from the comfort zone of belief that we may have had for years, this can be unsettling and I have no doubt that many of you will have experienced this?

I have pondered much during a sleepless night and now feel that the main reason we attach these labels to ourselves is to give us a sense of Spiritual Security and separates us from other beliefs and in some cases from fellow human beings.
However in truth, I feel that really there is no need whatsoever for a “Spiritual Label this can be very restrictive and not allow us to peruse on other beliefs we feel drawn to. I became a wiccan eighteen months ago, the discovery of the ethos of this beautiful belief was what I needed so desperately at that time, I wanted to be a person with inner peace and love for all and wanted to ‘work’ for the betterment of mankind, I suppose in a way I wanted to belong to a belief that was structured and clearly defined.

Unfortunately the source of my studies in Wicca came to an abrupt halt when, through unfortunate circumstances, I had to leave the site where I was studying Wicca.I carried on studying an online course and taking the necessary exams to progress in my belief, until it came to this month’s exam, there was no usual excitement I felt, I was once again somewhat lost and wondering what was to transpire on my path once again, much guidance has been received from my guides, after much pondering, the use of labels and a singular path was foremost in my mind.

I am writing this post stating myself as an example because I feel a lot of us are, at the moment, being asked to think within at what we truly want to believe in, there is no doubt in my mind that 2012 is a year of transformation and change, we are not alone in our ponders, many are experiencing the ‘shift’. As with many of us I am quite accepting of the word ‘Light worker’ and believe that we are beings of Light, but new words have been given to me of late, it is the word’s “Truth Seekers” many say they are spiritual, many act in a very un spiritual way, we have all witnessed this I am sure.

I feel what our Divine Source is now asking for is Truth in our intent, Truth to seek the true meaning of spirituality and calling oneself Spiritual, I do think of myself as a truth seeker. I am moving on from belief’s that are very determined to tell me you what I should believe, rather than presenting different ideas and thoughts and then letting me decide on my own, I do feel at this time of great change we need to be free spirits to search out our truths and act accordingly.

Many times we have said and hear others say, it is the intent that is most important, this relates to all areas of our spiritual life, be it in healing, reading, guiding, teaching, if we keep a pure intent and work within our truth then we can do only good, to be eclectic is to spread our light and truth further unto others, this in turn must have an effect on everyone we ‘touch’.

Personally I feel it is important not to visualise a path, with many bends and rocks to climb, or to see crossroads and not knowing which way to turn, I do feel that if we continue to see this then we will remain under the dogma of uncertainty at times and feel this visualisation as restrictive, we are, after all spiritual beings inhabiting a human vessel, we do not need to follow a human pathway, just reach outward and upward and spread our truth and light to everyone.

Have a free mind to seek truth and inner happiness, embrace anything that brigs and emits love and joy to everyone we meet, I for one am going to stock trudging the path, I am not using labels anymore, I am not Wiccan I am me and so want to help others to this realisation of freedom to do what you feel is good and true, don’t ponder at the crossroads seeking truth any longer my friends, free yourselves of the chains of being told what you are and just be you.

Thank you for reading this if you got to the end lol, and I would love to see your comments to this ponder of mine, with much love and bright blessings xx Blessed Be
Back to top Go down
Aurora
Site Elder
Aurora

Spiritual Labels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spiritual Labels   Spiritual Labels EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 8:34 am

Very inspirational Serenity. I do also believe in diversity, maybe the need for people saying i am a psychic medium is not needed all over the different sites we all visit. Possible i need to think more about this topic before i answer in more length, but a great topic thanks xxx Love Aurora xxx
Back to top Go down
ResTORAHtion
ResTORAHtion

Spiritual Labels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spiritual Labels   Spiritual Labels EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 4:52 pm

Serenity wrote:
We had a great discussion in Chat the other evening about “Spiritual Labels” in meaning members of a specific belief, for example, Pagan, Wiccan, Spiritualist and many others.t to do on a daily basis, I find much solace in crafting which I truly believe to be a spiritual exercise anyway and undertaken with much guidance.

Gee... I've missed that Serenity Exclamation Question I really hope I can join you in Chat soon...

Serenity wrote:
My mind went to the conversation we had about labels and I am fast becoming to realise that these ‘Labels’ can sometimes be a hindrance. As you know our path is never a straight path, we meet many obstacles along the way, some of which divert us away from the comfort zone of belief that we may have had for years, this can be unsettling and I have no doubt that many of you will have experienced this?

Yes! You are right that our path isn't necessarily a straight line -- I totally agree with that! There are many, many forks and crossroads, and the tract is often quite rough. Sometimes it's good to stop and rest, other times it's better to just set off into the wilderness without a clear path ahead.

When I was in my high school and I was searching for the truth -- It's really hard for me to tell what's real and what isn't about my beliefs. I just don't know what to believe anymore. I guess it's only natural that at adolescent years, I got confused about life. I now realized that I was just undergoing normal physiological, psychological and emotional changes at that time. So because of that, I decided to follow the paths made by others but it didn't quite suit for me as these paths often take me places where I clearly do not belong. In the process, then, when I encounter hills and mountains -- sometimes I have to stop and consider whether I want to scale the heights or just proceed. I was always relieved when I had finally made my way out of those tough and strange places, and I realized that they had made me stronger for having struggled through them.

Serenity wrote:
I have pondered much during a sleepless night and now feel that the main reason we attach these labels to ourselves is to give us a sense of Spiritual Security and separates us from other beliefs and in some cases from fellow human beings.

However in truth, I feel that really there is no need whatsoever for a “Spiritual Label this can be very restrictive and not allow us to peruse on other beliefs we feel drawn to.

I completely agree Serenity!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Spiritual Labels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spiritual Labels   Spiritual Labels Empty

Back to top Go down

Spiritual Labels
Page 1 of 1