HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Being Humble

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Serenity
Founder

PostSubject: Being Humble   Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:32 pm

A few days ago I had asked that I feel humble, ego scares me rigid, I feel this is from my past when it was part of my life, not used in an intentionally bad way, but used as a defence in my feeling inadequate.

Nature is so humble I would so like to be as humble and try very hard, I have no need for materialistic things, only those that keep me warm and fed and allow me to get around. I feel that very often many see humility as humiliation, this is not so, being humble does not make us weak or become a beggar, they are two totally different things.

Humiliation is gained from allowing people to trample on us or to degrade us, humility grows from within in my opinion, just like a humble acorn or a berry or even the growth of a new bud, being humble is the most beautiful seed within us all and something we are given within our soul, look at Mother Earth, she is so wonderful, I truly believe there could be nothing more humble.

Our Great Mother, holds us, absorbs all of the impact from us, she guides us also, so the first thing that comes to my mind when I think of her is Humility, we see this when we truly appreciate nature and the natural beauty of our planet. I love Nature and my belief has no labels but it is the humility of my belief and its reverence with nature that makes me feel humble, I came to realise today that the more humble we are the greater our strength.

Let us look at our divine force, our Goddess, God or creator, the name is irrelevant, we all have our own belief as to where our divine source comes from so, the name does not matter it is just a label, what is important however, is the fact that the humbler we become the closer to the Oneness of our divine source we become.

So the ponder intended in this post is humility can show us the beauty of the outer world as well as the beauty within, to be so humble is almost like uniting the outer world around us with the inner world within us, so I feel that we then become a true ruler of our world, but we do not dominate or dictate, like so many rulers do, I feel we become the true guiding light of our planet, because humility is our true dignity, it is the core of our being, we become like our Great Mother, and have honest pride in everyone and everything, not prowess, divine pride that is only ever found in true humbleness. Blessed Be

A man wrapped up in himself makes a very small bundle. ~Benjamin Franklin
It is far more impressive when others discover your good qualities without your help. ~Author Unknown

Wear your learning like your watch, in a private pocket; and do not pull it out, and strike it, merely to show that you have one. ~Lord Chesterfield
Back to top Go down
Aurora
Site Elder

PostSubject: Re: Being Humble   Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:22 pm

Thank you for sharing this great bit of inspiration Serenity. Its a wonderful feeling when you feel the oneness connections. Of late I feel I have not connected enough with God or as you say call it whatever you wish, its just a name. When you do connect you know as well as they do that you are connecting with them. Now things have calmed down I will aim to spend more time connecting. I started to love and appreciate our beautiful planet when I started in the Art courses a few years ago, firstly noticing that there are so many different colours of green quite remarkable when you think about it. love Aurora x
Back to top Go down
ResTORAHtion

PostSubject: Re: Being Humble   Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:05 am

It is very inspiring Serenity!

Luke 14: 11 "...everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but everyone who humbles himself will be exalted."

I believe that humility is one of the great tools to achieve enlightenment, spiritual success and perfection!

History clearly shows that every great empire has fallen. Many of our famous celebrities, political icons and religious leaders who were put on stages and viewed as idols and gossip sources have either died from drug abuse, intoxication, freak accidents or done something disgraceful to ruin their images.

Well the bottom line is here: Many people fell from grace because they -- most likely of the world, especially those human idols -- doesn't know how to feed their spiritual needs. I agree on what Serenity said on her post, that the fact that the humbler we become the closer to the Oneness of our divine source we become. Many people failed to realize this and because of that, they distance themselves from God.

I doesn't matter whether they believe in God at all. The thing is, whether they are believers or not, as a human being who was created by the CREATOR, they have obligations to feed their soul!

So you may ask, how do a person feed their soul and satisfy my spiritual needs? Well it really depends on your path but for me, it is by meditating and obeying God's Words! I believe that the Torah and the entire Scriptures is a manual for moral, holy living; without Torah, we, believers of Messiah, would have no way of knowing what sin is; therefore, let us stop putting God "in a box" and start becoming like an innocent little child who just obey what his parent instructed him to do! I believe that through this I become closer to God.

1 Peter 5: 6 "Likewise, you who are less experienced, submit to leaders. Further, all of you should clothe yourselves in humility toward one another, because God opposes the arrogant, but to the humble he gives grace. Therefore, humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, so that at the right time he may lift you up."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Being Humble   

Back to top Go down

Being Humble
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pathways of Divine Light :: SPIRITUAL INSPIRATIONS-
Jump to: