A Spiritual Community that Respects all Beliefs

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

INSPIRATIONAL THOUGHTS WHAT IS LIFE OR OUR PURPOSE IN LIFE ABOUT

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Aurora
Site Elder

PostSubject: INSPIRATIONAL THOUGHTS WHAT IS LIFE OR OUR PURPOSE IN LIFE ABOUT   Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:45 am

There was a time when I was severly depressed when I couldn't feel much love or happiness for anything or anyone. Thank the Lord them days have gone. I found drawn to start my Spiritual Journey and it helped me enormously, I will go as far as to say it changed my life, yes I still get down times, but they are now only little blips not full scale wars with my Emotions. Of course when I started my Journey I was at another spiritual site learning and even though I have moved on I must admit I did get help where I was previously, so for that I am grateful. I have come to understand my life purpose is of a Healer and to Nurture. I now try my best to love all things. Love Angelslove xx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: INSPIRATIONAL THOUGHTS WHAT IS LIFE OR OUR PURPOSE IN LIFE ABOUT   Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:07 pm

I agree Angels. I truly believe that the essence of life is love; love is affection towards something literally and Love is unique whichever way you want to look at it.
Everyone loves one way or the other. There is no one living who has not express love one way or the other. As I said previously the essence of life itself is love. The road-map for greatness in life is laid with love.

Love occupies a very pivotal place in human’s life, it’s a bond that unites entities, it has feeling and emotion, and can get hurt sometimes. To me love is like a person with all the attributes of nature, like a river flowing gently over an undulating landscape, heading towards a better destination than where it originated from.

Love brings all of the different components of life in a bid to unite everything to the glory and will of our creator. It's a bridge between failure and success, love smoothes life's rough edges.

I wonder why then so many people find it so hard to express Love, Love does not have to have an ulterior motive, the Love that I speak of in this post, is Unconditional Love. Unconditional love, the, forever after kind of love of dreams and fairy tales, can only become real when we set it free from expectations, from all those limiting “shoulds.” Unconditional love is love without conditions—love without rules and lists, even thinly veiled hopes.

Heart is always in love. It’s the mind that destroys. It’s the mind that interferes. Heart never discriminates, it never differentiates. It’s the mind that brings conscience. But, the heart is always unpolluted and conscious.
~Harche Nanavati

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: INSPIRATIONAL THOUGHTS WHAT IS LIFE OR OUR PURPOSE IN LIFE ABOUT   Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:29 pm

As a reply to your conversations about depression ans spiritual people it is so evident isn't it that many suffer from depression, myself included, my thoughts on this is my own understanding and not backed , in any way, by scientific research.

As a genuine spiritual person, we are gentle souls who want only peace and love, both for ourselves and for others, because we abhore anger, then the anger and selfishness of others affects us, these people also call themselves spiritual, it dissapoints us, and de values our perception of both ourselves and others at times, all of these 'knocks' at times takes us back to the dark place where depression exists, we then question ourselves at times, "What did I do wrong to deserve that"....... "Was it my fault?" and so on, so we then tend to de value ourself.

I feel that we should be whom we are, intent in spirituality is vital for our survival, we must never compare ourselves to others, we should always ask for guidance from our Divine Source when we feel the 'nip' of depression biting, it is not feeling sorry for ourselves at all, because it is in fact a physical illness, depression sets of chemical reactions in our brain that make us behave in this way, in meaning, withdrawing from others, both family, friends and colleagues, not wanting to care for ourselves, not eating, feeling desperate.

So we understand what makes us feel that way in our spiritual life, to me, positive thought is vital, I always try and see the positive in everything, be myself, never knowingly hurt anyone or anything, remember though friends, we are only human and do make mistakes at times, our pure soul has to inhabit a vessel with gravity for us to be on this planet and we can be easily influenced by this existence, so be aware of the shadow creeping up on you, and say 'whoaa' take stock of the situation, no need to be judgmental about others, protect yourselves by bringing your own peace and love into your life and allow them to walk their own path.

Keep Smiling dearlings Very Happy Wink
Back to top Go down
Aurora
Site Elder

PostSubject: Re: INSPIRATIONAL THOUGHTS WHAT IS LIFE OR OUR PURPOSE IN LIFE ABOUT   Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:28 pm

Thank you both for this great discussion. I must say that although I did suffer for many years with depression, only about four years ago did I know anything about Empathy, since I learned how it works and how we react to others emotions, thoughts and feelings and of course physical pain, I began to understand that a part of my depression was possibly not my own emotions but picking up from family members.

Even as a child I was affected by it without understanding it of course. I was always known as the sensitive one. From when I was a young adult I took on everyone's problems as if it was my job to fix them all, it made me very ill until fairly recently when I learned how to say no I cant do this any more, yes I may have lost a few hangers on but I became better for it. I will never forget how strong I have become from being through such a lot of problems and hurt, and of course as you say unconditional love is such a wonderful thing. Love Angelslove x

Treat others as you wish to be treated
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: INSPIRATIONAL THOUGHTS WHAT IS LIFE OR OUR PURPOSE IN LIFE ABOUT   

Back to top Go down

INSPIRATIONAL THOUGHTS WHAT IS LIFE OR OUR PURPOSE IN LIFE ABOUT
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pathways of Divine Light :: SPIRITUAL INSPIRATIONS-
Jump to: