Pathways of Divine Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Spiritual Community that Respects all Beliefs

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Usui Shiki Ryoho

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shantu
Shantu

Usui Shiki Ryoho Empty
PostSubject: Usui Shiki Ryoho   Usui Shiki Ryoho EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 7:41 am

The healing system known as Usui Shiki Ryoho, which I teach, originated in Japan with Dr Miako Usui. Dr Usui developed his healing system to help people understand the principles of healing without the requirement for years of spiritual practice. One ofhis students, Dr. Hayashi, introduced spiritual symbols to aid this process further, while his student, Mrs Takata, took the system to the US, which
is where our Western version of Reiki began.

Reiki (ray-kee) is a touch healing which balances energy on several levels:
mind, body and spirit. It operates by being channeled through the energy centres of the healer into the aura and/or body of the patient. The name translates as ‘Universal (or Spiritual) Life energy’. Students are attuned to reiki by Reiki master/teachers, which means their energy centres are opened and connected to the Reiki energy.

Reiki is a complementary treatment which can be used alongside other forms of healing. It can treat all imbalances within the patient, according to their need. It can also work on a mainly spiritual level for the individual's self-development, which is mostly how it's worked for me. I've never been a 'career' healer.

The symbols which are mentioned above were developed as a kind of training wheels for students without the spiritual discipline or focus. The symbols which Usui reiki uses are common in Tendai Buddhist practices and the healer uses them to focus the energy the teacher uses them to focus and seal.

First degree reiki does not teach symbols
Second degree reiki teaches 3 symbols for power, emotion/mental, and distance healing
Third degree teaches the master symbol
Other systems, such as Tera Mai, use LOTS of symbols and I do add a couple I was given
but for me, the energy and intent are foremost and the symbols not always necessary.
Back to top Go down

Usui Shiki Ryoho
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pathways of Divine Light :: HEALING INFO & HEALING REQUESTS-
Jump to: