A Spiritual Community that Respects all Beliefs

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Path We Walk

Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: The Path We Walk   Sun May 27, 2012 6:03 pm

“Our difficulties are not obstacles on the spiritual path, they are the path” Ezra Bayda

Obstacles that we meet along our spiritual pathway has been on my mind for a few days, I was given thought of how the tender wee roots of new growth navigate the coarse soil, I found out that Tree roots especially, have minute hairs that covers the root, these hairs can steer the root around objects in the soil, the hairs then elongate when the path is clear and the root then continues its growth.

The root hairs explore the soil in much the same way as we would feel our way in the dark. If they come across an obstacle, they feel their way around until they can continue growing in an opening. In the meantime, the plant is held in place as the hairs grip the soil.

This amazing system gives plants the flexibility to explore very complex environments and to colonise in the most unpromising soils, this also explains how seedlings are able to grow so quickly once they have established.

So their fuzzy coat of hairs are much like our nervous system, relaying messages to our brain and guiding us along the way, there are many similarities between nature and humans, to me this fact enhances the thought of our originality.
There has been quite a lot of discussion in chat recently about the obstacles experienced by us all as we travel our spiritual path, I acclimatise these to boulders or rocks, they are common and in my humble opinion very necessary, let’s face it folks, in life, there is no such thing as movement in a straight line.

We have ups and downs, breaks, stops, feeling abandoned spiritually, feeling lost even. Obstacles will continue to loom before us, these are our learning’s and lessons, these keep us humble and free of egotism, these help us appreciate everything that surrounds us, if we face each obstacle head on and ask for the reason it is there.

To my thinking having a spiritual life is twofold in its movements, a vertical and a horizontal movement if you like, we have to rise higher and yet expand more in our experiences and consciousness. I know I can safely say that most of us have had periods when we feel comfortable in one stage and don’t really want to move higher and expand consciously because it’s quite a nice place to be.

I feel that is ok for a while, and of course depends entirely on your spiritual intent, but if you have, for example, stated that your spiritual intent is to help others, then how can you possibly stay in that “Comfy Place”? Because hopefully those you have helped will indeed reach higher and higher, you may ask yourself “Why can’t I do that”?

What is most important to us is that we don’t weaken ourselves by thinking too much about our shortcomings, we are human and we all have them, this, I feel is another example of duality, if we have bad tendencies, then we also have good ones, even more good than bad, if we have the old enemies of egotism, greed, self indulgence or anger, then we also have “Friends” as selflessness, humbleness, charity and compassion. The choice is ours to take; we all have the availability of free will.

So remember friends, we, like the roots of nature can go around these obstacles, take on the vital lessons from them and hopefully never meet that obstacle again as we travel, when the next obstacle arises, remember duality, remember your friends have also come across such obstacles, and are there to help you, this is the essence of this lovely Spiritual Home we belong to, its all about sharing, learning and growing together. Blessed Be

When you have worn out your shoes, the strength of the shoe leather has passed into the fibre of your body. I measure your health by the number of shoes and hats and clothes you have worn out. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. T
~John Muir

Back to top Go down
Aurora
Site Elder

PostSubject: Re: The Path We Walk   Tue May 29, 2012 10:12 pm

Thanks for sharing this piece of inspiration RavensMoon, i agree how can we learn if we don't go through any bad stuff, where is the lesson in just being handed a golden cup. As you say if roots can around any manner of things to attach, why can we not move forward, we will and do move all the time, even when we think we are at a stand still we are learning patience, love Angelslove xx

Treat others as you wish to be treated
Back to top Go down

The Path We Walk
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pathways of Divine Light :: SPIRITUAL INSPIRATIONS-
Jump to: