A Spiritual Community that Respects all Beliefs

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Ladybirds.

Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Ladybirds.   Sat May 26, 2012 7:06 pm

There was so many Ladybirds about this morning, everyone is talking about the number of ladybirds that are being seen and of course what goes with it is the myth and the hope of a long summer. So here are some known facts and metaphysical properties of this beautiful wee insect.
Their life cycle requires about four weeks, so several generations are produced each summer. This cycle ties the ladybird to the energies of renewal and regeneration. Those who may have this totem are usually family oriented with strong morals and social values.
The name lady bird finds its origins in the middle ages when this beetle was dedicated to the Virgin Mary and called the "beetle of our lady." This name links the ladybird to spiritual ideals and religious devotion. It also holds a link to mothers.

In Ireland it is said to be a symbol of protection, and much revered by farmers, either way I did not find any bad press about her, oh there are stories out there of mass infestation but this occurred because of our old friend in nature Man!!!!!!!
Past lives associated with religion or the church is common for those with this animal totem. This tiny little beetle brings with it a powerful message. Because the life cycle of the adult ladybird is short it teaches us how to release worries and enjoy our lives to the fullest. When it appears in our life it is telling us to "let go and be guided”

The ladybird is also one of the few beetles that are well liked by humans. Unlike other beetles, the ladybird brings a feeling of joy to us. Its small size signifies a delicate and loving nature. It portrays the energy of harmlessness and can show us how to stop self harm.

Seen often as a messenger of promise, the ladybird reconnects us with the joy of living. Fear and joy can’t co-exist. We need to release our fears and return to love, this is one of the messages that the ladybird brings to us. Ladybird teaches us how to restore our trust and faith in the Divine Source. When the ladybird appears, it is telling us to get out of our own way and allow the Divine Source to enter into our lives.

So I guess my ponder for today as well as embracing nature and its inhabitants, is for us to be aware that our Divine Source brings many messages to us, if only everyone would acknowledge these messages then love would be replacing anger, little by little, this is happening in many ways at the moment, many are feeling that negativity is surrounding them, so get your boots on and kick it out my friends, don’t feed it by acknowledging its presence, look for beauty and realise that it is everywhere, let it surround you, and you also feel the positivity that comes with it.

If every day we helped, smiled or acknowledged one other human being, the resonance of energy around us would heighten, and in turn would nourish ‘she’ that provides our beauty every day of our life, makes you wonder if that would then begin to heal our world? There is no quick prescription for world healing, but we could all take five minutes of our day to send our Great Mother Earth healing couldn’t we? Blessed Be

The Ladybird wears no disguises. She is just what she advertises.
A speckled spectacle of spring, a fashion statement on the wing....
A miniature red kite. A tiny dot-to-dot delight.
~J. Patrick Lewis

Oh ladybird, I wish you joy as you complete your garden chores.
I'd like to put aside my work and join you in the out-of-doors!

~Author Unknown~

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Ladybirds   Sat May 26, 2012 9:50 pm

Aww thankyou ravens for your information on these lovely little creatures ladybirds, we see them most days and just walk past them not really noticing but its nice just to take a moment to think how perfect evolved all of nature is it never ceases to amaze me that something so small has such significance in the jigsaw of life xxxxxxxx Blessings Angel Whispers flower
Back to top Go down
Aurora
Site Elder

PostSubject: Re: Ladybirds.   Sun May 27, 2012 4:01 am

Thank you for sharing this great information abut our lady bugs, love Angelslove xx

Treat others as you wish to be treated
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ladybirds.   Sun May 27, 2012 3:46 pm

Thank you *raven*...
for sharing...
these delightful little creatures with us...
it is a warm reminder to me...
that all...
that...
is small...
is precious to us all...
blessings softechoes xxxx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ladybirds.   

Back to top Go down

Ladybirds.
Page 1 of 1