Pathways of Divine Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Spiritual Community that Respects all Beliefs

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Crafting a Talking Stick

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Crafting a Talking Stick Empty
PostSubject: Crafting a Talking Stick   Crafting a Talking Stick EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 10:59 pm

I thought you would like to see the various stages of the first Native American Style Talking Stick I made, finding the right branch or twig is the key to the first stage

Crafting a Talking Stick Day1
This is day One, found a lovely branch that had fallen from the Cherry Tree in the high winds we had, so I sanded all of the jagged pieces off and decided not to fully remove the bark, the Cherry has a beautiful colour, it is a hard wood so very durable.

Crafting a Talking Stick Day4

Here it is partially stripped and sanded 7 times I then applied a glaze to enhance the grain, its all ready to decorate now

Crafting a Talking Stick Dreamcatchertalkingstick

I made a dreamcatcher to put in between the Y shape of the stick and attached it with leather binding, added feathers and bound the handle of the stick with leather too, added some decoration the the stem and placed a blue sphere at the base, so here it is the finished job
Back to top Go down

Crafting a Talking Stick
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pathways of Divine Light :: CRAFTERS CORNER-
Jump to: